Wednesday, September 9, 2009

oh dear, how the time flies!

I was shocked into reality today as I wrote Mark a note for missing his first class... If it's the 9th of September today then I have exactly TWO months until my darling cherub Elliotte turns Three! I can't keep up with this year, each time I get on top of it, it manages to fly off on me again.

Another New Elli
hard to believe she was this little nearly three years ago!

I'm planning to make her a mini kitchen play area, like this or this or this (and you can even buy the plans for this one!) and furnish it with all the fun mini kitchen goods you can pick up from secondhand stores for a few cents. With only two months to do it and only two days a week that I can work on it without her seeing it, I really should have started a long time ago.

I really must work on my time management skills in general as I have a friend's birthday coming up that I intend to craft for, Elli's birthday in the middle and Christmas not too long after that... Oh dear.

So today's post is all about my attempt to thrash out a timeline on what I must make and the time in which I have to complete it.

This Month:
  • Start (and finish) Courtney's birthday present - I'll post pictures and a description after her birthday.
  • Start Miss Elliotte's birthday present.
  • Start planning the celebrations for Elli's birthday (I'd been pressing for a willy wonka party but we'll be having a Disney theme as she wants to come dressed as Tinkerbell... Which leads to the next task)
  • Design the Tinkerbell costume and a Snow White one for myself.
  • Have a Soap Felting day and make some Fabric Poppies, they'll make great gifts at Christmas.
I have many more tasks I'd love to get done, but I think this list is probably all I'm likely to manage.

October:
  • Finish the toy kitchen for Elliotte.
  • Finish planning Elli's birthday.
  • Knock up a few quick Halloween costumes.
  • Make the Tinkerbell and Snow White costumes (and whatever costumes Mark and Stef decide they want).
  • Continue with the Christmas crafting, more indepth posts will come as I progress.
I will have to flesh the time line out more with a pen and paper, I don't want to ruin any present surprises by posting details here!

I have grand plans for Elliotte's Christmas present - I want to make her a collection of puppets and a puppet theatre to use them in. Once I've worked this plan out a little more I'll be sure to let you know how it's progressing!

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org