Thursday, September 10, 2009

Badge-y Mc Badge Badge

badges 1

I purchased a badge maker a long time ago, possibly around the same time I had my daughter. Over the past three years I've used it in fits and spurts and never actually put as much time into it as the purchase price (and cost of shipping) would justify.

I pulled it out of storage a few weeks ago to make a batch of 70 badges for a friend's 21st birthday party. We had a badge making session... It was actually fun! My passion was reinvigorated and I was keen to churn out millions of my own designs!! Now, here is where I must explain a character trait of mine...

I have short lived, very passionate love affairs with hobbies. One week I'm going to become an installation artist, the next I plan to move to the mountains so that I can press flowers in solitude for the rest of my days. I'll rush out, purchase all the required equipment (see: badge maker, above) and then become deeply depressed if I'm not fantastic at it within 5 minutes. Or refuse to even attempt the craft until I have the same tools as the professionals (see: badge maker, above). Badge making was about to be shot in the foot again because I didn't have a fancy high end printer to make my designs look fabulous. Hell, I didn't even have a printer that worked reliably! (...or computer for that matter).

Then I had an epiphany! I didn't have to design and print pictures to make badges. We didn't for Ailsa's birthday, why did I have to use it for mine? I've been collecting vintage books for longer than I care to count and I've never really had a plan for the ones with the pretty pictures...

So I set myself a challenge. I had to fill a tub with badges within the week. I couldn't procrastinate and let my perfectionism get in the way... I had a deadline! And these are the results:
badges 3
badges 2



What do you think?
xo.

3 comments:

  1. I Reckon they are awesome! Especially because I, and elliotte, helped make them. You are rich in badges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you did, you're both the best badge helpers imaginable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, those are SO cool!! they rock!!! I didn't even know they had "badge makers"!!!

    and I totally understand about having short lived affairs with hobbies...I'm the same way. I'm always jumping from one thing to the next...eh, whatev. keeps things interesting!!

    so...are you selling any of these in the near future? ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org