Wednesday, January 6, 2010

She's leavin' on a jet plane....


My baby sister's plane just landed safely in Georgia. Now the real adventure starts for her, so much is opening up for her - it will be all sorts of exciting.

The airport was hard, with 4 full carloads of people to see her off... The departures lounge was awash with tears. That kid is not short of love, that's for sure. I was so proud of her, all her years of hard work on the soccer pitch and in the class room has paid off in spades. She's now got the chance to immerse herself in a whole new world for 4 years, not something a lot of people have the chance to do. But she wouldn't be there without all that effort, sacrifice and determination.

She's wise beyond her years, and was so very brave. I'm not worried for her at all - she makes friends easily and embraces new experiences with vigor. I sure am going to miss her though.

I've actually got a surprise for her in one of my next few posts, which I'll upload when she's settled in what will be her home for the next 4 years.

Stef, sweetness, I'm so proud I could burst. Be safe, have fun and talk often.

SO much love,
your Big big sister
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org