Tuesday, January 12, 2010

hectic times

I think it will be a short post today... A door mutilated my middle finger today so I'm struggling to type effectively.

I just wanted to give a quick update about my new found love. (I know, I go through a lot of these...) The exciting thing about this one is that it's a sport. For those who don't know me, I come from a family of very athletic people, but I'm clumsy, have poor hand-eye coordination and am just generally unmotivated by competitive sports. So, my finding a sport I want to watch, let alone participate in is incredible.

Roller Derby, a full contact (what? I'm generally nonviolent!), roller skating game involving either speed or the ability to dodge, block and biff the opposing team in an attempt to score points. I'm terrible at trying to sum up the rules so go check out the wiki-page.

I recently found out there's a league starting up in bendigo, so I went to watch a training session and see if someone as clumsy as myself would be able to play a game that involves staying upright on eight wheels while being attacked by another team... Turns out a lot of the girls are just starting out and everyone was super friendly and fun. So I think I'm going to head along to another training session to watch some more while I save up for all the protective gear one needs to participate in such a brutal sport.

just a little excited,
xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org